DCI Publications and Presentations related to Selection and Validation
- DCI staff have published and presented at professional conferences on these topics extensively. The articles below provide a sample of this research:
- Aamodt, M. G. (2010). Industrial-organizational psychology: An applied approach (6th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2008, October). What is the shelf-life of a test?Assessment Council News, 2-3.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2007, October). Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but is the same true of a validity coefficient?Assessment Council News, 2-10.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2007, August). A test! A test! My kingdom for a valid test. Assessment Council News, 3-5.
- Aamodt, M. G., &Flink, W. (2001).Relationship between education level and cadet performance in a police academy.Applied H.R.M. Research, 6(1), 75-76.
- Aamodt, M. G. (1990). Predicting employee performance with letters of recommendation. VCPA Innerview, 22(1), 6-7. Reprinted in FCPA Connection, 4(1), 3-4.
- Aamodt, M. G., & Pierce, W. L. (1987).Comparison of the rare response and vertical percent methods of scoring the biographical information blank. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 47, 505-511.
- Aamodt, M. G., Reardon, C. E., & Kimbrough, W. W. (1986). The critical incident technique revisited. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology, 2, 48-59.
- Buonasera, A. K., Dunleavy, E. M., & Mueller, L. (2007). Accounting for Qualifications: Demonstrating Conditional Logistic Regression in Disparity Analysis. Poster Presentation at the 22nd Annual SIOP conference, New York, NY, 2007.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2008). Legal Watch: Understanding the EEOC Fact Sheet on Employment Testing. Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 1, 3-4.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2007). Legal Watch: Now for the OFCCP’s Perspective on Employment Testing. Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 4, 3-4.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2007). Legal Watch: Take home messages from the EEOC Commission on employment testing. Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 3, 6-8.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2010). Debating the future of the Uniform Guidelines.Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 6, 3, 1.12-15.
- Dunleavy, E. M., Aamodt, M. G., Cohen, D. B., & Schaeffer, P. (2008).A consideration of international differences in the legal context of selection. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice, 1, 247–254.
On January, 28, 2015, OFCCP released the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) for the long awaited revisions to the Sex Discrimination Guidelines (RIN 1250-AA05).
OFCCP updated the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Benchmark Database on its website, based on 2014 end-of-year data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Now, the Annual National Benchmark is 7 percent – a slight drop from the previous 7.2 percent benchmark. National and state information has also been updated in the VEVRAA Benchmark Database for federal contractors and subcontractors who calculate an individualized hiring benchmark using the five-factor method.
The Annual National Benchmark, as well as data for calculating individual hiring benchmarks, can be found at http://www.dol-esa.gov/errd/VEVRAA.jsp. Effective March 24, 2014, contractors required by VEVRAA to develop a written affirmative action program (AAP) must also establish a hiring benchmark for protected veteransRead More