DCI Publications and Presentations related to Selection and Validation
- DCI staff have published and presented at professional conferences on these topics extensively. The articles below provide a sample of this research:
- Aamodt, M. G. (2010). Industrial-organizational psychology: An applied approach (6th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2008, October). What is the shelf-life of a test?Assessment Council News, 2-3.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2007, October). Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but is the same true of a validity coefficient?Assessment Council News, 2-10.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2007, August). A test! A test! My kingdom for a valid test. Assessment Council News, 3-5.
- Aamodt, M. G., &Flink, W. (2001).Relationship between education level and cadet performance in a police academy.Applied H.R.M. Research, 6(1), 75-76.
- Aamodt, M. G. (1990). Predicting employee performance with letters of recommendation. VCPA Innerview, 22(1), 6-7. Reprinted in FCPA Connection, 4(1), 3-4.
- Aamodt, M. G., & Pierce, W. L. (1987).Comparison of the rare response and vertical percent methods of scoring the biographical information blank. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 47, 505-511.
- Aamodt, M. G., Reardon, C. E., & Kimbrough, W. W. (1986). The critical incident technique revisited. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology, 2, 48-59.
- Buonasera, A. K., Dunleavy, E. M., & Mueller, L. (2007). Accounting for Qualifications: Demonstrating Conditional Logistic Regression in Disparity Analysis. Poster Presentation at the 22nd Annual SIOP conference, New York, NY, 2007.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2008). Legal Watch: Understanding the EEOC Fact Sheet on Employment Testing. Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 1, 3-4.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2007). Legal Watch: Now for the OFCCP’s Perspective on Employment Testing. Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 4, 3-4.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2007). Legal Watch: Take home messages from the EEOC Commission on employment testing. Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 3, 6-8.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2010). Debating the future of the Uniform Guidelines.Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 6, 3, 1.12-15.
- Dunleavy, E. M., Aamodt, M. G., Cohen, D. B., & Schaeffer, P. (2008).A consideration of international differences in the legal context of selection. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice, 1, 247–254.
Dr. Eric M. Dunleavy, Director of the Personnel Selection and Litigation Support Services Group at DCI Consulting, spoke on behalf of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) at an EEOC Public Commission Meeting on October 13th, 2016.
On October 13, 2016, a wide variety of experts, ranging from data scientists to lawyers, testified at the EEOC to highlight the implications of big data for the American workplace. Big data, as defined by the EEOC press release, includes “the use of algorithms, ’data scraping’ of the internet, and other means of evaluating tens of thousands of pieces of information about an individual” (EEOC 10/13/16 press release) to inform employer decisions. Topics spanned areas such as data privacy, the effectiveness of big data algorithms, and possible EEO implications. DCI’s Eric Dunleavy, Director of Personnel Selection and Litigation Support Services, testified on behalf of the SocietyRead More