DCI Publications and Presentations related to Selection and Validation
- DCI staff have published and presented at professional conferences on these topics extensively. The articles below provide a sample of this research:
- Aamodt, M. G. (2010). Industrial-organizational psychology: An applied approach (6th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2008, October). What is the shelf-life of a test?Assessment Council News, 2-3.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2007, October). Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but is the same true of a validity coefficient?Assessment Council News, 2-10.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2007, August). A test! A test! My kingdom for a valid test. Assessment Council News, 3-5.
- Aamodt, M. G., &Flink, W. (2001).Relationship between education level and cadet performance in a police academy.Applied H.R.M. Research, 6(1), 75-76.
- Aamodt, M. G. (1990). Predicting employee performance with letters of recommendation. VCPA Innerview, 22(1), 6-7. Reprinted in FCPA Connection, 4(1), 3-4.
- Aamodt, M. G., & Pierce, W. L. (1987).Comparison of the rare response and vertical percent methods of scoring the biographical information blank. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 47, 505-511.
- Aamodt, M. G., Reardon, C. E., & Kimbrough, W. W. (1986). The critical incident technique revisited. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology, 2, 48-59.
- Buonasera, A. K., Dunleavy, E. M., & Mueller, L. (2007). Accounting for Qualifications: Demonstrating Conditional Logistic Regression in Disparity Analysis. Poster Presentation at the 22nd Annual SIOP conference, New York, NY, 2007.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2008). Legal Watch: Understanding the EEOC Fact Sheet on Employment Testing. Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 1, 3-4.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2007). Legal Watch: Now for the OFCCP’s Perspective on Employment Testing. Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 4, 3-4.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2007). Legal Watch: Take home messages from the EEOC Commission on employment testing. Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 3, 6-8.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2010). Debating the future of the Uniform Guidelines.Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 6, 3, 1.12-15.
- Dunleavy, E. M., Aamodt, M. G., Cohen, D. B., & Schaeffer, P. (2008).A consideration of international differences in the legal context of selection. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice, 1, 247–254.
The U.S. Department of Labor today announced two final rules to improve hiring and employment of veterans and people with disabilities.
6th CIRCUIT’S RULING IN JOHNSON V. CITY OF MEMPHIS: END OF THE LINE FOR ALTERNATIVES WITH LESS (OR NO) ADVERSE IMPACT
Recently, I wrote two Alerts related to Lopez v. City of Lawrence [2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 124139]. One of the Alerts related to the implications of District Court Judge D.J. O’Toole’s ruling against aggregation of data for purposes of proving adverse impact. Eric Dunleavy and Rachel Gabbard wrote a subsequent Alert on the implications of the aggregation ruling for federal contractors. The other Alert I wrote related to Judge O’Toole’s rejection of the plaintiff’s argument that the defendant had alternatives with less adverse impact, an argument he also rejected. Although O’Toole’s ruling was certainly a bad sign for the alternatives argument, I didn’t see it as a “death blow”, but rather, as just another instance in which a district courtRead More