DCI Publications and Presentations related to Selection and Validation
- DCI staff have published and presented at professional conferences on these topics extensively. The articles below provide a sample of this research:
- Aamodt, M. G. (2010). Industrial-organizational psychology: An applied approach (6th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2008, October). What is the shelf-life of a test?Assessment Council News, 2-3.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2007, October). Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but is the same true of a validity coefficient?Assessment Council News, 2-10.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2007, August). A test! A test! My kingdom for a valid test. Assessment Council News, 3-5.
- Aamodt, M. G., &Flink, W. (2001).Relationship between education level and cadet performance in a police academy.Applied H.R.M. Research, 6(1), 75-76.
- Aamodt, M. G. (1990). Predicting employee performance with letters of recommendation. VCPA Innerview, 22(1), 6-7. Reprinted in FCPA Connection, 4(1), 3-4.
- Aamodt, M. G., & Pierce, W. L. (1987).Comparison of the rare response and vertical percent methods of scoring the biographical information blank. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 47, 505-511.
- Aamodt, M. G., Reardon, C. E., & Kimbrough, W. W. (1986). The critical incident technique revisited. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology, 2, 48-59.
- Buonasera, A. K., Dunleavy, E. M., & Mueller, L. (2007). Accounting for Qualifications: Demonstrating Conditional Logistic Regression in Disparity Analysis. Poster Presentation at the 22nd Annual SIOP conference, New York, NY, 2007.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2008). Legal Watch: Understanding the EEOC Fact Sheet on Employment Testing. Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 1, 3-4.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2007). Legal Watch: Now for the OFCCP’s Perspective on Employment Testing. Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 4, 3-4.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2007). Legal Watch: Take home messages from the EEOC Commission on employment testing. Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 3, 6-8.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2010). Debating the future of the Uniform Guidelines.Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 6, 3, 1.12-15.
- Dunleavy, E. M., Aamodt, M. G., Cohen, D. B., & Schaeffer, P. (2008).A consideration of international differences in the legal context of selection. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice, 1, 247–254.
On January, 28, 2015, OFCCP released the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) for the long awaited revisions to the Sex Discrimination Guidelines (RIN 1250-AA05).
As other blogs have noted, the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) for the long-awaited revisions to the Sex Discrimination Guidelines (RIN 1250-AA05) included some very interesting ideas. Some of those relate to the role of performance measurement systems, which, when used to make employment decisions like promotion, merit increases, bonuses, and termination, can be considered a selection procedure under the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procures (1978). The new regulations cite the Supreme Court ruling in Lewis v City of Chicago to support this notion, but it is an intuitive one; performance ratings (or objective performance metrics if they are available) used as part of a promotion or compensation decision process are no differentRead More