DCI Publications and Presentations related to Selection and Validation
- DCI staff have published and presented at professional conferences on these topics extensively. The articles below provide a sample of this research:
- Aamodt, M. G. (2010). Industrial-organizational psychology: An applied approach (6th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2008, October). What is the shelf-life of a test?Assessment Council News, 2-3.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2007, October). Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but is the same true of a validity coefficient?Assessment Council News, 2-10.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2007, August). A test! A test! My kingdom for a valid test. Assessment Council News, 3-5.
- Aamodt, M. G., &Flink, W. (2001).Relationship between education level and cadet performance in a police academy.Applied H.R.M. Research, 6(1), 75-76.
- Aamodt, M. G. (1990). Predicting employee performance with letters of recommendation. VCPA Innerview, 22(1), 6-7. Reprinted in FCPA Connection, 4(1), 3-4.
- Aamodt, M. G., & Pierce, W. L. (1987).Comparison of the rare response and vertical percent methods of scoring the biographical information blank. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 47, 505-511.
- Aamodt, M. G., Reardon, C. E., & Kimbrough, W. W. (1986). The critical incident technique revisited. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology, 2, 48-59.
- Buonasera, A. K., Dunleavy, E. M., & Mueller, L. (2007). Accounting for Qualifications: Demonstrating Conditional Logistic Regression in Disparity Analysis. Poster Presentation at the 22nd Annual SIOP conference, New York, NY, 2007.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2008). Legal Watch: Understanding the EEOC Fact Sheet on Employment Testing. Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 1, 3-4.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2007). Legal Watch: Now for the OFCCP’s Perspective on Employment Testing. Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 4, 3-4.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2007). Legal Watch: Take home messages from the EEOC Commission on employment testing. Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 3, 6-8.
- Dunleavy, E. M. (2010). Debating the future of the Uniform Guidelines.Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington D.C. Quarterly, 6, 3, 1.12-15.
- Dunleavy, E. M., Aamodt, M. G., Cohen, D. B., & Schaeffer, P. (2008).A consideration of international differences in the legal context of selection. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice, 1, 247–254.
The U.S. Department of Labor today announced two final rules to improve hiring and employment of veterans and people with disabilities.
REGISTER NOW FOR NEXT WEEK’S WEBINAR WEDNESDAY: WHICH EMPLOYEES SHOULD BE COVERED IN YOUR AAP AND EEO-1 AND VETS REPORTS?
Which Employees Should be Covered in Your AAP and EEO-1 and VETS Reports?
DCI will be hosting the next installment in its Webinar Wednesday series this upcoming Wednesday, July 30th at 2:00 PM EST. In this webinar we will define covered employees and discuss considerations involving the inclusion of casual and/or temporary employees in an Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) as well as in EEO-1 and VETS-100A reporting. Click here to register for this webinar. For a complete list of Webinar Wednesday topics and dates, please refer to our schedule here.Read More